We love working with kids to ensure a happy, healthy relationship with the furry buddies.
A few tips:
- No matter how great your dog is, never ever ever leave the two of them unsupervised!
- Train your dog first, such as Sit for Dinner for 6 seconds, then have your child take over.
- Play games where your dog comes, sits, gets a treat. This teaches your dog to come and sit, rather than come and jump ;).
- Have a place (crate, bed) both upstairs and downstairs that your dog can go to when he’s had enough and teach your child that it’s strictly off limits.
- Teach your child to leave all dogs in peace while they are eating or chewing on a bone.
- Involve your dog in fun family outings!